- Hurricane Ian hit the west coast of Florida on Wednesday as a Category 4 storm, bringing sustained 150mph winds, massive storm surge, and torrential rains.
- Hardest hit areas include Naples, Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Punta Gorda, and Englewood.
- As a result, more than 2.5 million customers remain without power across the state. Similarly, there are significant disruptions to running water service.
- Flight cancellations continue across the state.
- There is at least one confirmed fatality.
CURRENT STATUS & FORECAST
- Heavy rains brought by Ian are causing flash flooding across much of central and eastern Florida, and flash flood and storm surge warnings are in effect for eastern and northeastern parts of the state. Rainfall totals could exceed 12 inches.
- Ian is expected to bring tropical storm force winds, heavy rains, flash flooding, and storm surge to the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina in coming days.
- Reports of looting at gas stations and pharmacies highlight the safety and security risks in the aftermath of major natural disasters. Such activity is likely to continue as long as power is out and first responders are busy operating rescue missions.
- Curfews are in place in multiple cities and counties in the hardest-hit areas, including Fort Myers and Naples, Lee County, and Charlotte County.
In response to Hurricane Ian, Global Guardian’s team is on the ground in Florida actively assisting clients by providing evacuation support, conducting site surveys, damage assessments, and supplying armed and unarmed agents.
Our team can respond immediately with the following capabilities:
- CCTV monitoring to keep your assets safe in the wake of disaster
- Aerial drone with HD camera and thermal imagery
- Armed or unarmed security personnel
- Satellite communications (phone and wireless internet)
- Emergency medical and tele-medical support
- Logistical support (food, water, generators, fuel)
- Evacuation by ground, air, or sea
In the event you or your company need support, please contact our 24/7 Operations Center by calling +1 (703) 566-9463 or click below.