On 24 June, the United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) ruled on the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization case, siding with Dobbs (the state of Mississippi). In doing so, SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade (federally guaranteed constitutional right to abortion access) and placed the issue in the hands of state legislatures. The ruling on this highly polarizing socio-political issue comes ahead of the November mid-term elections and will be leveraged politically. Protests by pro-choice activists and counter-protesters are likely to occur in major cities across the U.S.
While these protests will likely remain peaceful, some could turn violent as bad actors—lone wolves and domestic extremist groups—seek to take advantage of the situation. There is an increased risk of vandalism and violence against churches, abortion facilities, and pharmaceutical sites.
Known planned protests for later today include:
- Austin, TX: Outside the Federal Courthouse Plaza located at 501 West Fifth Street
- New York City, NY: Washington Square Park and Union Square
- Washington, D.C.: Supreme Court
- Over the weekend, protests in the following cities are already planned and more are expected: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; and Seattle, WA.
- Additional protests in other cities across the country are likely.
Our team can respond immediately with the following capabilities:
- Bespoke intelligence reports and briefings
- Armed or unarmed security personnel
- Emergency medical and tele-medical support
- Logistical support
Click below to contact Global Guardian's 24/7 Operations Center or call us directly at +1 (703) 566-9463.